Coronavirus - Latest Delivery Information & FAQ's
Are you'll open & taking orders?
We are open for business online and are accepting orders online.
Our shop is closed until atleast 13th April 2020. Depending on the evolvement of the coronavirus pandemic we are scheduled to open our shop for business again on 14th April 2020.
How can I contact you'll?
We are working remotely so you can still contact via email email@example.com or via the Live Chat when available. We are happy to answer all your questions on existing and new orders. Our team members are also trained to provide sales & diamond guidance via email or live chat.
I need something within a set timescale. What is the current delivery timescale for made to order items?
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the supply chain in the UK and around the world is affected. Our shop & workshops are now closed for 3 weeks, until atleast 13th April 2020. Bear in mind this may / may not get further extended. Diamonds are also sourced from various countries, all of them having local lockdowns and restrictions in place for few weeks.
Our shop and workshop are looking to re-open on the 14th April 2020. Although we will be working extra hard to catch up on orders, because of the backlog we expect all made-to-order items to take further 3 to 4 weeks from then, which leads to from beginning to mid May.
We have a huge inventory of items, so if your order is time sensitive and you need it before mid May 2020, then please contact us once we re-open and we can suggest options from our stock.
Can I order a stock item for delivery?
We are planning to intermittently visit the store to pick up stock items for orders and get them dispatched via Royal Mail. To eliminate any chances of contamination, this will be done by 1 person only via direct private transport arranged from home to store.
Whilst we may not be able to immediately dispatch stock items, as per our current plan it should be dispatched within 1 week latest.
Please bear in mind that due to staff shortage Royal Mail is currently having trouble delivery parcels next working day. So you may receive the parcel in further days after dispatch.
Am I eligible for refund if the situation changes and there are more delays to the order?
Yes you can order with confidence that if the situation with the coronavirus pandemic changes and there are further delays caused by reasons out of our hands, then you are still within your distant selling act consumer right to cancel the order and get your full money back.
How will my order be delivered and what will it cost?
We are pleased to offer free delivery worldwide. Yes, completely free!
Royal Mail Next Working Day
Royal Mail International Signed For
£80 (higher for some countries)
When will my order arrive?
Please see the table below for standard delivery times:
|Made to order items (except plain wedding bands)||Approx 3 - 4 weeks|
|Plain wedding bands||Approx 1 - 2 weeks|
|Items in stock||1 - 2 working days|
Please note these delivery items are approximate as on rare occasions some handmade items may take additional time. If your item will be delayed we will immediately email you.
Can I get my order earlier?
Don't worry, we all leave things to the last minute. If you want your order to be delivered sooner than above mentioned delivery times please contact us and we can often meet shorter urgent deadlines.
How do I track my order?
Is my order insured during shipment?
Your order is completely insured in the event it gets lost during shipment, whether it is delivered to UK or outside UK. It is important that you inspect your items for any damage or tempering as soon as you have received it. Once the order has been received by you it is no longer insured by us and we recommend you to have your item insured as soon as possible. We supply a valuation certification for insurance purposes with every order.
Can you deliver to an alternative address other than billing address?
Yes we can.
If you paid by credit or debit card and would like your purchase to be delivered to a different address than your card billing address, we will require you to submit a proof of identification after placing your order. This can be a scan of your driving license, passport or utility bill. The name and address on the scanned id will need to match your billing address. Please send this scan to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is to safeguard our buyers from fraudulent activities.
If you selected "Bank Transfer" as your payment method you don't need to submit any proof of identification.
What is your returns policy?
Shining Diamonds strives to offer the best customer service and top satisfaction. In the unlikely event that you are not completely satisfied with the item you purchased from us we will be happy to provide you with a full refund or exchange your item easily.
Note - We are unable to accept following items for returns:
- Item which has been worn, damaged or tampered. Due to hygiene purposes earrings that have been tried on will not be accepted back.
- Item without their original certificates and original packaging.
- Item received back after 30 days from the date the item is delivered.
- Certain items come with a coded security tag which needs to be intact. Breaking this tag will void your returns right. This is applicable only if your item came with a security tag (we are internally aware of the items that are sent with / without the security tag).
- Resized items; either by Shining Diamonds or another jeweller.
- Engraved products; either by Shining Diamonds or another jeweller.
- Wedding bands with a finishing touch
- Bespoke designed items. All products ready to purchase on our website, whether paid online or via phone are not considered bespoke. Please read our policy on bespoke items.
- Any diamond fallen from the ring or lost will not be covered under our return policy and no replacement will be guaranteed. We strongly recommend you to get the jewellery insured to protect yourself against such mishap. Our advice to you is to inspect your item as soon as you receive it and notify Shining Diamonds if you notice any defect or damage.
As part of our extended Christmas returns policy, all purchases made between 6th November 2019 and 24th December are eligible for a return until and including 1st Feb 2020. Normal exclusions listed below apply.
How do I return my item?
Please read the above returns policy. If your item qualifies for return, please follow the steps below:
- EMAIL US prior to posting any returns.
- Click here to download the returns form. Print it and fill it in full. To get your order no. login to your account here. If you did not create an account while ordering, you can find your order no. in the order email you would have received while ordering. If you are still unable to find your order no., please contact us
- If you are posting back for a refund or exchange please ensure you have put all the accompanying documents, certificates and original packaging as a refund or exchange will not be processed without these. Do not post back the certificates if you sending the item back for resizing or repair.
Post the item back to us. We advise you to return the item using Royal Mail Special Delivery and insure the package to its full value.
10a Hatton Garden,
Please ensure you title our address only with "SD Returns" to avoid revealing the inner contents and your mail potentially being lost.
- IMPORTANT: After you have posted your item email us your mail tracking number. WE DO NOT OPEN ANY PACKAGE UNLESS WE ARE AWARE OF THE SENDER & CONTENT. IT IS IMPORTANT TO SEND US THE TRACKING NUMBER IMMEDIATELY.
What is the returns policy on bespoke items?
Our bespoke jewellery is made as unique as its wearer. However, since they are made unique it is difficult to resell them. Due to this, bespoke items are exchange-only, unless agreed prior in writing for a full refund or unless the item is faulty. This does not apply to the gemstones and diamonds that accompanied your items. So you can exchange your bespoke jewellery for a new design by re-using the gemstones and diamonds that you originally purchased / which were set in your original item.
Any bespoke ring that cannot be resized (eg. full eternity designs) are excluded from the exchange policy. They are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
There may be additional charges for an exchanged item, for eg. the product is heavier in metal or new gemstones / diamonds have been used. This will be communicated and collected prior to manufacturing the exchange item.
For refunds, when do I receive back my money?
Once the item is received it will be inspected. If it has been worn, damaged, altered, resized, tampered with, or found to be mishandled in any way it will not be accepted for refund. Depending upon the how you paid for your order it can take 8-10 working days for the refund to appear in your account.
For any further questions, please feel free to contact us here